WE, AS A GLOBAL SOCIETY, ARE AT A CROSSROADS. WE HAVE A DECISION TO MAKE. ARE WE GOING TO CHOOSE MONEY OR POWER OR ARE WE GOING TO CHOOSE THE FUTURE? THE SEPTEMBER 20 STRIKE IS AN INVITATION TO EVERYONE TO CHOOSE US. CHOOSE THE KIDS, CHOOSE HUMANITY, CHOOSE THE FUTURE.Strikewithus.org
A Green New Deal
- Transform our economy to 100% clean, renewable energy by 2030 and phase out all fossil fuel extraction through a just and equitable transition, creating millions of good jobs
- A halt to all leasing and permitting for fossil fuel extraction, processing and infrastructure projects immediately
Respect of Indigenous Land and Sovereignty
- Honor the treaties protecting Indigenous lands, waters, and sovereignty by the immediate halt of all construction, leasing, and permitting for resource extraction, processing and infrastructure projects affecting or on Indigenous lands
- Recognize the Rights of Nature into law to protect our sacred ecosystems and align human law with natural law to ban resource extraction in defense of our environment and people
- A transition that invests in prosperity for communities on the frontlines of poverty and pollution
- Welcoming those displaced by the cumulative effects of the climate crisis, economic inequality, violence, and lack of opportunity.
Protection and Restoration of Biodiversity
- Protection and restoration of 50% of the world’s lands and oceans including a halt to all deforestation by 2030
Implementation of Sustainable Agriculture
- Investment in farmers and regenerative agriculture and an end to subsidies for industrial agriculture
You must be logged in to post a comment.